* Master of Business Administration (Tourism & Events) MBA
* Diploma of Business Administration DipBA
* Member of Australian institute of Company Directors MAICD
* Dip Business Governance (specialising in NFP)
* Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE
* Assoc Deg in Tourism & Hospitality
* Graduate of Women in Leadership Program (Australian Institute of Leadership)
In the past 15 years through my business, Lorick Management, I have held roles such as Event Manager of the NSW Tourism Awards, Marketing Manager of New England North West Tourism, and CEO of Outback NSW Tourism, Hills Hawkesbury Tourism, and South Coast Tourism. Through my business, I now hold the role of Project Manager for Sturt’s Steps in Outback NSW, CEO of Outdoors NSW, and General Manager of Visitor Economy Development.
I maintain a percentage of my skills being given in a voluntary capacity and commit to several volunteer positions. I am incredibly passionate about mentoring and what it can do for all people that try to accomplish more.
With a diverse career in community and economic development of over 25 years, I have been involved in nearly all aspects of community and economic development including; tourism, outdoor adventure, education, community engagement, events, marketing, and place management but all leading to better communities and business.
Work history included;
- Regional Marketing Manager at Tourism NSW (now Destination NSW)
- Community, Events and Economic Development Manager at a Local Government Authority
- Senior Manager of Place Activation and Strategy at Sydney Olympic Park Authority
and currently manager of my own opportunities as Managing Director of Lorick Management Pty Ltd where I hold several roles under contract.
Career highlights have included creating tourism projects that continue to keep small towns alive and businesses prospering through to activating venues and places with events that unite, engage, and produce economic returns for communities.
Past key projects and initiatives that are notable include;
- Sydney Country Music Festival - Bella Vista Farm Park
- Summer Series - Hills Shire Council
- Darling River Run - Outback NSW
- Castle Hill Sky Show
- Restructuring various local government departments to achieve strong outcomes in revenue, engagement, and process
- Industry conferences for the tourism industry that improved knowledge and skill of the industry
- NSW Tourism Awards
- Greater Sydney Tourism Awards
Contracts within Lorick Management;
Over the past 15 years through my business, Lorick Management, I have held roles such as Event Manager of the NSW Tourism Awards, Marketing Manager of New England North West Tourism and CEO of Outback NSW Tourism, Hills Hawkesbury Tourism and South Coast Tourism, Project Manager for Sturt’s Steps Touring Route in Outback NSW, CEO of Outdoors NSW and General Manager of Visitor Economy Development.
I maintain a percentage of my time to dedicate to volunteering and hold several volunteer positions and also I am also a passionate mentor for younger and older people in the industry.
- Board of Directors of Little Blue Dinosaur Foundation (keeping kids safe from road trauma)
- Board of Directors of Northholm Grammar School
- Council member of the Tourism Advisory Council of NSW
- Mentor for Rare Birds Women in Business Program
- Board Member of Outdoor Council of Australia
- Executive Member of Arcadia Galston Residents Association
I am married with two teenage children and love watching them become leaders in their own right with their own strong beliefs and passions that will make a difference in the world.