- Ensure your topic selection reflects your interests/expertise to avoid feeling bombarded with emails. You’ll get up to two Drink Up! email alerts each week day @ approximately 10am and 2pm AEST.
- ONLY respond to call outs if you have the requisite expertise or experience.
- DON’T attach media releases as a way of responding to a call out.
- DON’T, DON’T, DON’T, DON’T send a response that doesn’t answer the call out as this is considered SPAM. (This includes off-topic pitches.) Doing so just gets the journalist offside and you blacklisted from the service.
- Tell EVERYONE about SourceBottle. (Not a guideline, but it would be great if you did. ☺)
For the best results, send a response that answers the call out as soon as you receive it (even if the deadline allows you more time).
Journalists work to strict deadlines and frequently ‘pull down’ their call out as soon as they have their sources, and many times this is before the deadline. So remember to get in fast and on-topic.